Saturday, October 3, 2015

Burn



I will never forget what a wise man once told me. He painted a picture of a great storm that struck fear in to the hearts of many. This fear forced them to leave the fields they were plowing and run for shelter that was later completely destroyed by the storm they so feared. But for a single man, a supernatural peace came over him. With an intense focus, he held the plow with both hands and kept moving forward. The rain from this destructive storm then watered the field he was diligent and faithful to plow. Crops and fruit from that land were rich and abundant. He described the desire to be that man—and placed the same gut desire in me—who did not run out of fear but remained faithful about his Fathers business with his hands to the plow.

In response to the shooting that recently took place in Oregon, I respectfully acknowledge the loss and my heart is moved with compassion for the people and loved ones affected by it. Now a word of encouragement for them and the church at whole. Let us be the one who doesn’t run out of fear, but remain faithful about our Fathers business knowing that no matter what happens Jesus is worth it all. Great is our reward in Heaven for those who remain faithful, those who are persecuted because of Christ (Mathew 5). Let us remember the beautiful words of Jesus, “Truly, truly, I say to you, unless a grain of wheat falls into the earth and dies, it remains alone; but if it dies, it bears much fruit. He who loves his life loses it, and he who hates his life in this world will keep it to life eternal. If anyone serves Me, he must follow Me; and where I am, there My servant will be also; if anyone serves Me, the Father will honor him.” (John 12:24-26)

My friends, don’t let anything keep you from serving and following Jesus. Don’t let anything keep you from obedience, both in the small and big things alike. Let us live a life dead to ourselves and alive in Christ. Let not fear, sickness, persecution, self, comfort or any other thing keep you from loving Jesus! Follow Him. Meet Him secretly. Allow the revelation of the Father’s heart to overcome you. Bless the one who so willingly laid His life down to give us real life. Eat of Him, be with Him, meditate on Him, and love Him. Then, go out and pour His love and that which you were freely given to those who desperately need it—to those around you.

Friday September 11, 2015 was a rough day but had amazing fruit in the end. All that week I felt great amounts of opposition. It’s easy to believe the lie that you won’t be able to withstand the pressing. That it would just be better to crumble now and quit. But let me tell you, DON’T QUIT! If you don’t quit you’ll win. There is too much at stake to believe the lie. And may I point out, it is a lie. Lie’s may feel real, sound like truth, and be extremely convincing, but it is still a lie. The truth is, if you said yes to Jesus then you are a child of the King, and He is with you always. The Holy Spirit lives and dwells with in you and you CAN DO all things through Christ Jesus who gives you strength.

On the 11th our church took prayer and worship to the streets of Charlotte on the corner of Trade and Tryon, one of the busiest intersections from what I hear. That morning I woke up sick. I’m talking gnarly eww sick. The bathroom was my closest friend that day. I felt weak, clammy and just plain icky. I was wrestling with whether I should go or not. I wrestled with thoughts like Don’t go. The worship team doesn’t really need you. They will be fine without you. It won’t make that big of a difference if you don’t show up. Besides you really don’t feel well. You should just rest.  Warring mentally, emotionally, and physically took a toll on me, but by God’s grace a few people started praying.

As I was laying on the couch, minutes before my ride was about to leave, I heard the voice of God say “Get up. Arise and Go. Even though I still felt crummy I decided to go in faith, and I am so glad I did! God showed up! By the time I reached the event I was feeling 100 % better. As we declared the name of Jesus through worship I could feel the chains break off of me, let alone many others who joined us. Business people with suits and ties stopped out of curiosity to see what was happening. People were being healed and set free merely by the worship without anyone laying hands on them. Hearts were being softened to the Lord Jesus, chains were being broken and freedom was released on the streets of Charlotte. Holy Spirit was active at work. The body of Christ started to move as one. People from other churches happened to walk by, decided to minister in the crowd, and set up a prayer tent. The Spirit was moving! There was worship, prayer, and street evangelism taking place all at once. There were many testimonies of what Jesus did that night. He is amazing! To Him be all the glory! He alone deserves it all!

Keep running! Keep loving! Keep your eyes on His!

1 comment:

  1. Such a good and timely message. I'm glad I took the time to read this. Keep it up!
    This has never proven to be untrue "When you least feel like doing the Lords work is when His work is most satisfying and fruitful."

    ReplyDelete